Friday, June 20, 2014

Day 5, rest day in Spokane, 0.012 miles

Best:  Marich Chocolates arrived today.

Worst: I ate too much (see above and below)

Most Unexpected:  Pie was brought in for an afternoon snack.  

Woke up at 6:00.  Great night sleep without any trains to wake us up.  A group of us went to breakfast at Chairs which is across the street from Wolfies. For future reference, Wolfies is better. (Don't worry spouse, the future reference is for future years riders and not for me). We did bike maintenance and then off to REi where several of us bought a lot of stuff.  We were planning on going out for lunch when a special delivery arrived from the post office consisting of two large boxes of chocolates from Marich chocolates.  Marich chocolates is sponsoring the Big Ride, and their chocolate is incredible.  I personally think more riders should use chocolate as their energy source.

Kenny and I took a bicycle trip downtown and saw the park on the island in the river and various other spots.  The pictures below prove that I actually did something other than sit on my rear and eat.  We did eat calzone for lunch, and after eating pie as a pick me up at 3:30 thanks to Terry's family, we walked to a local brewpub called No Li.  It used to be Northern Lights but they got sued by a brewer out east so they lost a few letters to make it legal.  There were 10 riders drinking beer and eating, with the exception of Terry who was with his family, and Anita who got locked in some bike shop getting repairs and we haven't seen all day.  We hope they let her out by tomorrow morning.

I am once again in my dorm room at my desk and just like in college, I have no thoughts.  I will sign out with the following pictures.

2 comments:

  1. You look like you are 18 in the picture 2 from the bottom! Lookin great, hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, that hat is from Mariach! That one may find it way to my head when you get home!!!!!

    ReplyDelete